Fifth UK-Ukraine-Spain Meeting on Solar Physics and Space Science (UKUS) – final announcementMay 30, 2019, from Viktor Fedun
Fifth UK-Ukraine-Spain Meeting on Solar Physics and Space Science (UKUS), Kyiv, Ukraine
Monday 26th August – Friday 30th August 2019
Registration deadline – 1 July 2019
Abstract submission deadline – 15 July 2019
The meeting will cover a broad range of aspects of solar physics, space science and solar-terrestrial relations. We aim to include every side of solar and space research, including observations, theory, and numerical modelling. The main idea behind the meeting is to treat the entire solar-terrestrial domain as one system, rather than each region independently.
The participants of the UKUS usually come from different backgrounds, therefore the meeting divided into a number of different topics highlighting a number of areas of expertise.
Our aim is to develop new collaborative projects leading to publications and grant applications. Enough discussion time has been scheduled, to ensure sufficient interaction between the scientists, and allow for the generation of ideas for collaboration.
– Coupling between lower solar atmosphere and solar corona (magnetic field restoration, energetic particles and waves)
– General solar activity in the Sun and heliosphere
– MHD waves – coupling between lower solar atmosphere and solar corona (observations, theory, numerics)
– Multi-scale plasma dynamic processes in the Sun-Earth system
– Dynamic processes in the Earth ionosphere and magnetosphere