GREGOR – Call for Observing Proposals 2018B (Sep 1 – Dec 15)May 15, 2018, from Richard Morton
GREGOR is a 1.5 meter on-axis solar telescope at the Observatorio del Teide in Tenerife operated in PI mode. We invite proposals for observing campaigns at GREGOR in 2018, with a submission deadline of June 4, 2018, 23 UT. We have split the observing days of 2018 into two seasons: from April 15 – end of July, 2018 and from September 1 – December 15, 2018. This call is for the second season.
Instrumentation available for the second season is:
- RIS: slit spectropolarimetry at wavelengths 1.0–1.3 or 1.5–1.8 microns.
- NEW: GRIS IFU (image slicer) at wavelengths 1.0–1.3 or 1.5–1.8 microns. This instrument is being offered for the first time and can record spatial and spectral information simultaneously in a FOV of 6”x3”. You can choose either the IFU or the slit in GRIS, but only one of them per campaign.
- Fast context imaging. Wavelengths below 500 nm are guaranteed with the present setup. A new pentaprism allowing wavelengths up to 900 nm has been ordered and is expected to be available, which means that any wavelength below 900 nm (if not using GFPI) could be used for fast imaging if a suitable filter is available or provided by the observers.
- GFPI: This instrument is available without any support from KIS. Please see our website for the current capabilities and restrictions.
Proposers reapplying for observing time are reminded that their proposal will be evaluated based on previous publications or their clear analysis in the proposal why former data were not sufficient and will automatically be rejected in case of not having submitted an observing report.
There are different quotas for observing time in 2018B: – KIS: 43 days. Eligibility: Any researcher with no restriction on institute/nationality can apply for observing time if at least one collaborator from KIS is included in the proposal.
– Spanish time: 16 days. Eligibility: No restriction on institute/nationality.
The remaining time is reserved for partners.
The proposal form for KIS time and more information on the instrumentation can be found here: www.leibniz-kis.de/en/observatories/gregor/observing-with-gregor/
and on the “Scientific instruments” page. Information on proposal submission for Spanish time, which is handled separately by a different TAC with different deadlines and will be announced in a separate call, can be found here www.iac.es/OOCC/solar-cat/