Nuffield Research Placements scheme for talented Year 12 students from disadvantaged backgroundsMarch 9, 2021, from Steve Brygan
Nuffield Research Student Placements
Inspire the next generation by supervising a student over the summer
We are looking for supervisors who can inspire talented 17-year old students by giving them the chance to discover what a career in Social Sciences and STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics might be like, during a virtual summer placement in collaboration with your organisation. Give someone a life changing opportunity and inspire them to study a STEM degree at higher education or take up a higher/degree apprenticeship.
Why should you get involved?
• Develop coaching/management skills in early career employees
• Demonstrate the impact of your research outside the company/institution
• Gain an enthusiastic and talented pair of hands to move forward a small area of research
• Demonstrate public engagement
• Develop links with local schools
• Links in with the STEM Ambassador Scheme
Interested? Contact: Sally Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) Nuffield Research Placements Coordinator
More information is also available on the website, including case studies.