The DiRAC Resource Allocation Committee 13th Call for Proposals is now openJuly 15, 2020, from Astrolists
The DiRAC Resource Allocation Committee 13th Call for Proposals is now open. The UK theory and modelling communities in Astronomy and Cosmology, Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Nuclear Physics are invited to apply for computational resources on the STFC DiRAC HPC Facility.
The deadline for proposal submissions to the 13th Call is as follows:
• Technical Case deadline: Tuesday 4th August 2020 17:00 UK time
• RSE Support deadline: Tuesday 4th August 2020 17:00 UK time
• Full (Scientific) proposal submission deadline: Thursday 1st October 2020 17:00 UK time
Please note that all applicants must submit a technical case by the 4th August deadline, otherwise a full proposal submission will not be accepted.
Successful awards will be scheduled to begin on 1st April 2021.
All proposal types will be accepted, including Research Software Engineering Support. Seedcorn proposals can be submitted at any time https://dirac.ac.uk/seedcorn/
The application forms and guidance notes, plus descriptions of the DiRAC services are available at https://dirac.ac.uk/callforproposals/
Important points to note for the 13th Call:
• Applicants must have submitted and discussed a technical case (per proposal) with the DiRAC RSE Team;
o Applications will only be considered if the technical case has been submitted direct to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4th August 2020.
• No single application can request more than 80% of the availability of a DiRAC machine within a given year (availability figures are provided in the application form).
• Current existing Thematic projects wishing to apply for more computing time can submit proposals using the following methods:
o Applications with scientific themes distinct from the existing award can be submitted as a separate proposal.
o Applications building on the same scientific theme as an existing award should apply as a new project, this new award would then replace any existing compute award. PI’s requesting for a revised or updated Thematic project must justify this request fully; the RAC will take into account all currently active projects which hold a comparable science case. This method cannot be used to top-up an existing project award if there is no change in the science case.
• Applicants are strongly advised to read the RAC Guidance Documentation for the 13th Call.
Enquiries should be directed as follows:
• RAC process and remit: STFC Swindon Office: DiRACRAC@stfc.ac.uk
• Technical questions: RSE Team: email@example.com
• Direct allocations or discretionary requests: DiRAC Deputy Director and Project Scientist, Dr Clare Jenner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries received within 7 days of a closing date are not guaranteed to be responded to prior to the closing date.