UK Space Agency call for nominations for the position of Chair of the Science Programme Advisory CommitteeMay 13, 2019, from Sarah Matthews
The UK Space Agency is seeking a new Chair for the Science Programme Advisory Committee.
The position of Chair of the Science Programme Advisory Committee will become vacant on 1st July 2019.
The UK Space Agency welcomes applications from the UK space science community. Full position and person specifications are appended. The terms of reference for the Committee can be found in annex 2.
Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with the criteria in the person and position specifications. Interviews of shortlisted applicants will be held with the Director Programmes and the Head of Space Science. Interviews will be held on 5th June 2019.
Applications should be a maximum of 2 pages in length and should include the following:
• the applicant’s area(s) of space science expertise and current activity
• appropriate qualities including academic/industrial background knowledge of relevant subject areas
• details of experience of serving on committees, particularly those related to the Research Councils or government
• justification of applicant’s suitability for the position
• any possible conflicts of interest
Applications should include contact details together with details of current position and seniority.
It is important to note that the Terms of Reference for the role of SPAC itself is currently under review. Any significant changes will be discussed ahead or at the interview.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 on 30th May 2019
For further information please contact:
Secretary to SPAC: Rosemary Young 07824 605 660