Key foreign researcher at the Research Centre of Cosmic Rays and Radiation Events in the Atmosphere (CRREAT), PragueJanuary 15, 2021, from Miroslav Dockal
Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i., announces a selection procedure for the position
Key foreign researcher at the Research Centre of Cosmic Rays and Radiation Events in the Atmosphere (CRREAT), Prague
The CRREAT team performs measurements of the atmospheric radiation and ionization events using satellites, aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, monitoring cars, and ground stations. The CRREAT project (www.crreat.eu) shall contribute to the improvement of space weather models, air transport safety, and global navigation systems reliability.
Objectives of the project CRREAT are to deepen the knowledge about the relation between atmospheric phenomena and ionizing radiation, and to clarify phenomena causing variations of the secondary cosmic particles (SCP) in the atmosphere.
• Management of scientific activities of the whole team consisting of 15 researchers from three institutions: NPI of the CAS, Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) of the CAS, Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague (FEE CTU)
• Participation in the team’s scientific activities, in the preparation of scientific papers, articles and their publication, presentations of results at conferences, preparation of grant proposals (applications), assistance in supervision work of undergraduate and graduate students
• University education in physics or applied mathematics or related fields
• Work in a foreign scientific and research (R&D) institution within five years (2009-2013), where the employee carried out independent active research for at least 36 consecutive calendar months
• A person well recognized in his/her field at the international level, meeting the requirements for level R3 or R4 (Established Researcher / Leading Researcher), i.e.:
• Rich history of publishing
• Managerial qualities
• Demonstrable success in obtaining grants in international R&D programs
• Other R&D experience standardly required for senior researchers in prestigious foreign R&D workplaces
• Full-time employment until October 31st, 2022, fully implemented at the CRREAT project workplace (in case of the applicant’s interest, the part time contract is possible, but at least 0.5 FTE is required). From November 2022, the extention of the contract is possible at position of a researcher (initially 3 years fixed term contract, later a presumed permanent contract, on the basis of good scientific performance)
• 5 weeks of vacation, flexible/reduced working hours, lunch vouchers, support of leisure activities
Max. monthly gross salary for full-time employment: CZK 84,000 (approx. USD 4,000)
Expected date of commencement: as soon as possible, no later than June 2021
Ondrej Ploc (email@example.com) and Josef Salamon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The workplace is located in Prague , Czech Republic, at the Department of Radiation Dosimetry, Nuclear Physics Institute of the CAS, v. v. i.