Postdoctoral position (IAC Tenerife) – Diagnostics of the Solar Atmosphere Within the Stellar ContextOctober 21, 2019, from Natasha Jeffrey
The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC, Tenerife) invites applications for a post-doctoral position to work within the project “Diagnostics of the solar atmosphere within the stellar context” led by María Jesús Martínez González and Iñigo Arregui. The position is for 2 years, starting on January 1st, 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research on one or more of the following themes:
– Diagnostics of solar/stellar chromospheric structures using spectropolarimetry
– Bayesian analysis for the study of the structure, dynamics and heating of the solar corona
– Development of new data analysis and inversion tools based on deep learning
The successful candidate must have experience in one or more of the following aspects:
– Observational and/or theoretical research on the diagnostics of the structure and physical processes in the solar atmosphere and its stellar context
– Application of inversion tools to solar/stellar spectropolarimetry, solar atmospheric seismology, stellar Doppler tomography
– Experience in the use of deep learning tools
Applications must be sent electronically using the online application form at http://research.iac.es/jobs/
Alternatively, you may follow the instructions given in the corresponding official advertisement on our website
The following documentation must be sent in a single PDF file:
– Filled and signed application form (Annex I) including the corresponding name and code of the offered post offered.
– Copy of national identity card or passport.
– CV, containing list of publications
– Report on past research activity and statement on suitability for the position (not exceeding 2 pages)
– Copy of the Doctoral degree or certified proof of being in possession of a doctorate (in Spanish or English)
The deadline for applications is 15th November 2019.