Space Weather Applications ScientistDecember 5, 2017, from RHEA Group
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Space Weather Applications Scientist to support the ESA SSA Space Weather Program at our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support updates of the SWE System Requirements Documents.
• Support reviews of SWE Service Development Roadmaps.
• Provide technical support for any development, testing and acceptance of applications and software delivered by the SSA DS team to SWE Segment.
• Participate in SSA SWE Network reviews as an expert member as appointed by the SWE Service Coordinator.
• Support preparation of the work in SWE Segment as a space weather solar and heliospheric applications expert.
• Provide support for the organisation of SWE Segment related education, outreach and user needs discussion events for the SSA end users as appointed by the SWE Service Coordinator.
• Provide technical input for the development and definition of the SSA Workplans.
• Provide expert support to the definition of the SWE Segment architectural design.
• Support the definition of SWE data models in the frameworks of all SSA SWE service development activities.
• Provide expert support to the definition of space weather related international standards as appointed by the SWE Service Coordinator.
• Provide a consolidated monthly progress report of the progress of all activities
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• PhD or equivalent academic degree on space physics, space weather or solar physics.
• Strong background in space weather physics and engineering impacts having carried out original research in a space weather related discipline.
• Practical experience in developing space weather applications and services
• Practical experience in advanced space weather modelling techniques is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with space weather related topics
• Experience in working with data models.
• Experience in participating international industry contracts with a clearly defined management responsibility (e.g task or workpackage manager)
• Experience in communicating with international partners including space agencies, international entities and scientific community.
• Experience in explaining or lecturing space weather related topics to academic community, students and general public.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.