Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Space Physics Department, Geophysics Institute, México City)May 15, 2019, from Richard Morton
Space Physics Department, Geophysics Institute, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Topic: Solar Physics, Magnetospheric Physics, Physics of Cosmic Rays, Planetary Physics and Instrumentation and Development of Infrastructure for Space Science Studies.
Title: Plaza de Investigador Asociado “C”
Salary: The basic monthly salary is 19,014.60 MXN, but the stimuli(grants) provided by different institutions augment this sum initially by roughly 100% and potentially much more afterwards.
Geophysics Institute at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) in Mexico City is announcing a full time job as a scientists in the fields of: Solar Physics, Magnetospheric Physics, Physics of Cosmic Rays, Planetary Physics and Instrumentation and Development of Infrastructure for Space Science Studies.
- PhD in the field of Space Sciences obtained maximum seven years before the publication of this announcement.
- Experience in at least one of the following fields: Solar Physics, Magnetospheric Physics, Physics of Cosmic Rays, Planetary Physics and Instrumentation and Development of Infrastructure for Space Science Studies.
- Substantial scientific production in high impact journals.
- At least one postdoctoral position at internationally renowned institutions.
In order to postulate for the job, the candidates will:
- Elaborate a science project to be carried out in one of the fields stated in this announcement.
- Present the project to the scientific community of the Geophysics Institute in the form of a seminar.
- Be interviewed by the Ad Hoc Selection Committee.
The candidates need to present the following documents by no later than June 14 2019:
- A letter addressed to the Director of the Geophysics Institute asking to be considered for the job and explaining their motives.
- Research project.
- Curriculum vitae with the copies of all the documents that prove its validity.
- A copy of their PhD title.
- Two reference letters which should not be from the candidate’s PhD advisor(s).
The documents (Research project and CV) must be written in Spanish and either delivered to the Secretaría Académica del Instituto de Geofísica located in the Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico City or emailed to the address email@example.com.
The candidates will be notified about the date and place of the interview and the seminar.
All the documents will be analyzed by Cuerpos Colegiados of the Geophysics Institute. The documents of the selected candidate will be sent to the Consejo Técnico de la Investigación Científica for analysis and final approval. The decision will be final and indisputable.