University of the Balearic Islands (Spain) – Postdoctoral PositionApril 1, 2018, from Richard Morton
The University of the Balearic Islands (UIB) invites applications for three postdoctoral positions for two years. These positions are not linked to any particular research area, but are available for the whole UIB research community.
- The candidate must hold a PhD, awarded not before April 16, 2008.
- The application must be submitted by a member of the Solar Physics group at UIB before April 16, 2018.
- The selection of candidates is based on the applicant’s CV (55%), the scientific record of the host group (30%) and the research project (15%).
- The gross salary is 33,000 euro per year.
- URL: osr.uib.cat/doc/ajuts/contpostdoc_en.html
The candidate’s experience must conform to one of the research interests of the Solar Physics group at UIB, which include (1) solar coronal seismology, (2) behaviour of solar activity, (3) waves and instabilities in the chromosphere and prominences and (4) thermal non-equilibrium and coronal rain. The Solar Physics group at UIB has access to computer clusters and to the solar telescopes in the Canary Islands observatories through the Spanish observation time. The staff of the Solar Physics group are Jose Luis Ballester, Marc Carbonell, Ramon Oliver, Roberto Soler and Jaume Terradas.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The University of the Balearic Islands is an equal opportunity employer.