Round two of the STFC Public Engagement Spark Awards call is now open for applications. Apply for funding to engage the public with science, technology or facilities supported by STFC. Full details are also available on the UKRI funding finder section of the website:
We are looking to support projects that do one or more of the following:
- deliver high-quality public engagement activities in the areas supported by STFC
- introduce STFC science and technology to new audiences
- highlight the achievements of STFC science and technology
- demonstrate the value to the UK of science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- work with our public engagement and communication teams.
In particular we would like to fund projects that engage
- Eight to 14 year-olds, and their families, from socioeconomically deprived areas
- Groups considered to have low science capital.
You must be based at a UK research organisation that is eligible for STFC funding.
Proposals must include a researcher in an STFC-funded area, It must also focus on an area within STFC’s remit.
The cost of your project can be up to £15,000 (non-full economic cost).
Projects can last up to approximately 36 months.
Public Engagement Manager