The Center for Space Research at the North-West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa, is seeking outstanding candidates for three (3) postdoctoral fellowships in Space Physics.
1) Two positions will be on the level of a standard post-doctoral fellowship, with appointments initially made for one year, and renewable for up to 3 years depending on satisfactory performance.
2) One position will be on the level of a senior postdoctoral fellow, with the appointment initially made for one year, and renewable for up to 5 years, depending on satisfactory performance. For this position, prior postdoctoral experience is recommended.
We seek qualified applicants to contribute to one or more of the following areas:
– Observational and/or theoretical aspects pertaining to turbulent space plasmas and charged particle transport in such plasmas
– Acceleration and transport of cosmic rays and solar energetic particles
– Multi-fluid MHD simulations of the solar wind
– Development and optimization of large-scale numerical models
A PhD in space physics/astrophysics or a closely related field is required. The research activities of the positions should focus on observational or theoretical space physics. Applicants are requested to send a CV, publication list, summary of past research, research plan, and contact information of at least three references, to Prof Stefan Ferreira (Stefan.Ferreira@nwu.ac.za) no later than October 15, 2022.