Placements are specifically targeted for STFC funded students. In line with STFC studentship guidance, short term placements are encouraged to develop industrial knowledge and experience, but must be approved by your Supervisor. Placements must run alongside your PhD, so that you complete your studentship within the original time frame agreed. No stipend is offered for the placements, but you would be able to claim some travel and reasonable subsistence expenses if required. Placements are flexible, in terms of length and location (virtual placements may also be considered), and if approved we would work with you and our industrial partner to agree a suitable time and project duration. Please use the company links above for more information about the placements and requirements.
If you would like to be considered, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 19th November 2021.
We offer subsidised training modules at the University of Liverpool via CDN+, in topics relevant to cancer diagnosis. Most modules are currently taking place virtually. Get in touch for more info or click here to apply. The following modules are currently available:
- Medical Statistics 6th – 10th Dec 2021
- Networking and Hosting 10th-14th Jan 2022
- Medical Information Technology 31st Jan – 4th Feb 2022
- Software Techniques and Modelling 7th – 11th Feb 2022
- Nuclear Medicine 15th – 19th Feb 2022
- Non-ionising Imaging 28th Feb – 4th March 2022
- Diagnostic Radiology 29th March – 2nd April 2022