The study of the Sun, or solar physics, is a vibrant field of research in the UK. Over 150 UK scientists are actively investigating the dynamic evolution of our closest star using numerical, computational and observational techniques.
The UK Solar Physics community (UKSP) is a Specialist Scientific Group affiliated to the Royal Astronomical Society. This website serves as a repository of information for the UKSP community, with community news, information about national and international conferences, employment and study opportunities, solar missions, and computing resources.
We distribute a newsletter of the latest Solar Physics and related news twice a month (1st and 15th). To sign up to the emailing list or to view the archive of newsletters please go here. These news items are also reproduced on this website and can be viewed as a summary (recent news summary) or the whole archive. To submit information to be posted to the website and to be included in the newsletter please go to the Submit News page.
Follow our twitter feed: @uksolarphysics.
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/uksolphys/ .
If there are any queries about UKSP, please contact the Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson.
Latest UKSP Nuggets
- 117. A numerical tool for obtaining wave eigenvalues in non-uniform solar waveguides
- 116. Pushing GREGOR to the limit: observing weak, small-scale magnetism in the photosphere with the GRIS-IFU
- 115. Revealing the dynamic & magnetic nature of chromospheric vortices
- 114. Hidden Coronal Loop Strands within Hi-C 2.1 Data
- 113. Probing small-scale solar magnetic fields