ESWW14 – Topical Discussion on High Energy Solar Energetic Particle EventsNovember 28, 2017, from Athanasios Papaioannou
We would like to let you know that on Thursday November 30, 2017 we organize a Topical Discussion Meeting (TDM) entitled High Energy Solar Energetic Particle Events, within the 14th edition of the European Space Weather Week.
The agenda of the TDM includes the following presentations:
1. Introduction l A. Papaioannou
2. Modeling of Proton acceleration in application to a GLE l A. Afanasiev, R. Vainio, A. P. Rouillard, M. Battarbee, A. Aran and P. Zucca (12 min + questions)
3. SF acceleration in GLEs l K.-L.. Klein (12 min + questions)
4. Solar Energetic Particle Events with Protons Above 500 MeV Between 1995 and 2015 Measured with SOHO/EPHIN l P. Kühl, N. Dresing, B. Heber, and A.B. Klassen (12 min + questions)
5. GLEs and sub-GLEs l A. Mishev (12 min + questions)
6. General Discussion
Everyone can contribute to the General Discussion. In addition, we have established a form in which colleagues can import the points they think that should be discussed during the TDM. This form is accessible here (https://goo.gl/forms/zZ5hM8Xy9Tk1zw2v1).
Finally, the Topical Discussion Meeting (TDM) will also be available via Webex . Therefore, colleagues who would like to join but are not able to be in Oostende should connect here (https://observatory.webex.com/mw3200/mywebex/default.do?service=1&siteurl=observatory-en&nomenu=true&main_url=%2Fmc3200%2Fe.do%3Fsiteurl%3Dobservatory-en%26AT%3DMI%26EventID%3D546099332%26UID%3D0%26Host%3DQUhTSwAAAASbCqqq4r4f_6NNv7M9BJmJvE_FleoEL2Gbx6yHaMt) [Meeting Number: 951 396 528 l Meeting password: KEQUFbxJ l when it is time press Join].
We cordially invite colleagues interested in high energy SEPs, either from the NM or the spacecraft recordings perspective to attend the meeting.
Looking forward meeting you in Oostende.
Athanasios Papaioannou, Stepan Poluianov, Alex Mishev