Employment OpportunityJuly 9, 2019, from Jaume Terradas
The Solar Physics Group at the Universitat de les Illes Balears (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) invites applicants for a 1-year postdoctoral position in solar MHD modeling and numerical technique development. The successful applicant will work closely with Dr. Jaume Terradas in any of the following topics:
1. The co-development and implementation of a nonuniform grid in the existing code developed by the group.
2. Optimization of the OpenMP implementation, development of a hybrid GPU/OpenMP/MPI scheme of the the same code.
3. Scientific exploitation of the resulting code in the context of large amplitude oscillations in solar prominences and coronal loops.
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
1. Computational fluid dynamics
2. Astrophysical fluid dynamics
3. Solar magnetohydrodynamics (MHD)
4. Parallel programming
5. GPU programming
Applicants must hold a PhD in solar physics, plasma physics or applied mathematics by the start of the project.
The position is available for one year, with earliest start date being October 1st 2019. It may be extended one year according to funding resources. The starting gross salary will be around 30K Euro, depending on experience.
Closing date: 1st September 2019.
Curriculum vitae with a list of publications and a statement of research interests should be submitted to Jaume Terradas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We encourage women, minorities and veterans to apply.